Sunday, September 25, 2005

Back from the Dead

Telia has come through and got the DSL modem hooked up. I feel like I've been in the Twilight Zone for the past month without Internet access. So in celebration here is a nice picture of beer and cigarettes from a bar in Sigtuna, one of the oldest towns in Sweden.



The new pad in Midsommerkransem is really coming together. It's arguably one of the nicest places I've lived. It's not exactly in the center of Stockholm, but there are cafes and bars and bakeries, and corner shops in the area, which makes it a lot better than the old place.

Linda's sister is back from Greece and that means more and better parties. Her boyfriend Philippos is likely to move here in November... which gives me someone cool to hang with. He's not really a drinker, more of a pot smoker, like I used to be 10 years ago. He's excited about moving from the south of Europe to the North. I am forever indebted to him for showing us such a good time on Samos. Moving, moving, moving. You gotta keep on moving in life or your feet get stuck in the mud.

So much has happened since the last post its hard to recap. I took pills and went insane for a week, got some new English students, started working on my second novel again, started listening to and really understanding Babyshambles, learned to program in Java, got a job programming an eLearning application for a legal firm, turned 35, got a nice birtday check from mama and papa (THANKS I NEEDED IT!) and more. Oh yeah, and my poor grandmother died, so that means only left grandparent left. They are definitely an endangered species. I didn't fly home for the funeral. Sorry, Pop-pop and the rest of the family. Not good. Not good. I am ashamed.

No comments: